[trigger warning: prescriptivism, sexual abuse] This is a post for the non-broken people.
Yea, you know who you are. The do-gooders, the ones slavering at the mouths to help us poor helpless, pathetic beings.
Here’s the problem: in your haste to help, you end up hurting us. More often than not, you’re harming us. And if you’re not harming us, you’re certainly not helping. You don’t understand the situation, and waltzing in like you do only means we’re in firing range.
Like whoever called the cops on Toranse - fuck you. Fuck you fuck you fuck you, Toranse had to delete their tumblr, and y’know, tumblr was one of the only good things going for them. Nice. Fucking. Job.
“Compassion” alerts, stalking people so you can call the cops on them, sending messages then guilt trip and trigger us into oblivion if we don’t response in what you view as an appropriate manner - this is all behaviour I’ve seen. If we don’t act how you want us to act, then we’re not even people anymore.
Us poor broken people.
Fuck you. Start fucking treating us like people, people with self-supremacy and self-awareness.
Removing the ability to consent from people who are traumatized because their wishes and feelings were ignored…totally gonna help.
If a survivor says they dont need your help you absolutely must stop. Because continuing means violating their right to self-agency. It means forcing them into the same kinds of situations they have been through.
And also, you cannot tell who is or who is not a survivor. So this applies to everyone. If you are not like, that person’s best friend and you’re just a total stranger trying to “help”, stop. In fact, you should ask people if they want “help” first before even doing anything.
- hairypitsandtits likes this
- kiss-my-aspergers reblogged this from secretsofthedisabled
- kiss-my-aspergers likes this
- capillaries reblogged this from fromonesurvivortoanother and added:
- crackopenfemursuckoutmarrow reblogged this from secretsofthedisabled
- secretsofthedisabled reblogged this from fromonesurvivortoanother and added:
- rich-uncle-skeleton reblogged this from impromptuonedykedanceparty
- mxnotmrdarcy reblogged this from impromptuonedykedanceparty
- cakeandpi likes this
- chemicallyunwound reblogged this from thechocolatebrigade
- resistingkarma likes this
- deathobsessedteenager likes this
- thechocolatebrigade reblogged this from fromonesurvivortoanother
- secretsofthedisabled likes this
- hrathe3rd said:Fuuuu- This happened?!? I was wondering what happened, but shit what were they thinking?!
- awritersruminations likes this
- thevoiceagainst likes this
- lethal likes this
- sassyaceari said:WTF, when did this happen?
- disabledbyculture likes this
- bubonickitten likes this
- enigmaticiceprincess likes this
- madamemanly said:Greg, I apologize if I’ve ever caused you harm in the past. I respect you as whomever you choose to be. But, when I go to talk to ppl and advise them, it isn’t because I’m a non broken person. It’s cause I feel broken and I want ppl to feel better
- hydrangeasandheliumhearts likes this
- somethingsaboutdinosaurs reblogged this from fromonesurvivortoanother
- neuroflux likes this
- kiriamaya likes this
- bratsy-cline reblogged this from fromonesurvivortoanother
- lunasspecto said:I didn’t know Toranse had to delete their Tumblr. That’s terrible.
- southcarolinaboy likes this
- cyberbutterfly likes this
- fromonesurvivortoanother reblogged this from astudyofschisms and added:
- fromonesurvivortoanother likes this
- maidofkarkat likes this
- astudyofschisms posted this