i do not want to see the perks of being a wallflower movie at all
1. book adaptations fsadfsdf and some of the actors they’ve chosen are definitely going to mess with what i imagined to myself just by sheer virtue of who they are
2. i always felt like the music part of the book was like…something you discover for yourself after reading it. an then you read it again and it is different.
3. i am skeptical any time someone tries to make a major movie with something about sexual abuse in it. it is very likely that the film will lack any subtlety at all, which was 90% of the shock/impact in the book.
4. i don’t know, when it was a book i could kind of maybe imagine myself as the some of the people in it. seeing all of these white kids doing things i’d never do is just going to make it even more clear that it was never really about me, as much as i wanted it to be
- lolwutphotosynthesis reblogged this from fromonesurvivortoanother and added:
- plantperson likes this
- cassiduh said: I will probably see it, because I hate myself enough to ruin that for me. But that book had such an impact on me, and was so.. important in highschool. I felt like it was written just for me. And then they go and make a movie..
- cassiduh likes this
- sweet-the-sting likes this
- kleinen-gelben-vogel likes this
- mcniggaa likes this
- poetryasillumination reblogged this from fromonesurvivortoanother and added:
- corpsecolored reblogged this from lostsoul-fishbowl
- lostsoul-fishbowl reblogged this from fromonesurvivortoanother
- teenagefaerie said: EZRA MILLER THO (no i get yr point but EZRA)
- xxlo-fi likes this
- fromonesurvivortoanother posted this