i’m not an artist but i’ve always wanted to try this
you know how the brain is programmed to automatically recognize shapes? like if you look at a tree and you see a face in the bark, or how you can easily identify a human from a blurry distance because there’s a clear bipedal figure.
i’ve always wanted to make a series of artworks with incomplete shapes. but only slightly. circles that don’t quite connect. a square with a chunk taken out of the corner. and so on. if it’s clear enough to notice, it would totally bother tons of people.
i want it to become a cultural meme. i want incomplete shapes on walls and in bathrooms stalls. i want incomplete shapes in cartoon characters and paintings. nothing extravagant, just a little tuft of air sticking out of what would otherwise be perfectly, aesthetically beautiful.
i just want to make people uncomfortable with bad art, okay?
- aepiphany likes this
- bbraincell said: I think the thing you’re referring to in the beginning is called Gestalt Psychology. Check it out :)
- bbraincell likes this
- boolglunk likes this
- awritersruminations likes this
- pbnpineapples likes this
- scullyknope likes this
- plainenglish likes this
- wolfennights likes this
- nailthatsticksup likes this
- purplenana likes this
- theslavbarbarian said: you’re certainly more of an artist than I am, your ideas are more artistic than mine
- justaquickquestion likes this
- theslavbarbarian likes this
- eisenbergandelephants likes this
- dansphalluspalace likes this
- fromonesurvivortoanother posted this